Saturday, July 29, 2006

What A Croc?


Evan has always had issue with shoes, he is just so fussy and won't wear just any old shoe. Last summer I he was in runners all the time as no matter what type of sandal I got, he hated it and would rip them off his feet. So much money wasted.

I was in Surf, Dive and Ski on Thursday and noticed some of those rubber CROCS, they were all the rage last summer for adults and I think they will be even bigger this summer. They had them in little kids sizes, so I decided to splurge and get Evan a pair, at $50 they are not cheap.

The plan was to try them on him and if he refused to put them on, then I'd take them straight back. I didn't want to wait for summer only too find he hated them and I was down $50. So Friday morning I got them out. To my suprise he went nuts... he LOVED that they were blue... he LOVED that they had Crocs on them and he LOVED that they were like mummy's, as yes I also got myself a pair.


There was one BIG problem, he wouldn't take them off. He wore them to childcare and showed everyone all day... going "look at my blue crocs"....LOL, he wanted to wear them to bed last night and again today he wouldn't wear his normal runners, only his "CROCS". I still can't believe it.

The photo is of him wearing them with his pyjamas last night, I swear he was planning to go to bed in them. Also this morning I was getting his breakfast ready and he came up to me with them on his feet, I asked where he got them and he goes "in my room, Evan put them on". LOL he even hunted them down and put them on himself. Looks like the Crocs are here to stay. Although at this rate I might have to get a second pair as he is going to wear them out.

1 comment:

Feliss said...

I've been looking at these for Jorja... a groovy pink pair, but I was wondering if she'd have probs keeping them on. How does Evan go keeping them on??
BTW... they are very cute!

 

Made by Lena